Skip to main content

Words to live by



John 6 (NKJV)
57 As the living Father sent Me (Jesus), and I live because of the Father, so he who feeds on Me (spiritually) will live because of Me. 


God's Holy Spirit feeds your spirit like bread feeds your body. 


Jesus was using bread to illustrate spiritual things. 




58 This is the bread which came down from heaven—not as your fathers ate the manna, and are dead. He who eats this bread will live forever.”



Jesus  taught that he existed in heaven before His physical birth. 





59 These things He said in the synagogue as He taught in Capernaum.





60 Therefore many of His disciples, when they heard this, said, “This is a hard saying; who can understand it?”



His disciples thought Jesus was saying to eat his flesh like bread;therefore, they were offended.  




Jesus wasn't talking about eating His flesh.  He was talking about digesting His words to feed our spirits like bread. 




61 When Jesus knew in Himself that His disciples complained about this, He said to them, “Does this offend you? 




62 What then if you should see the Son of Man (Jesus) ascend where He was before?


Jesus taught that He would physically return to heaven, and many of His  disciples would witness it which they did.  



63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. 



The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.  

  




Words operate in the spiritual realm like food operate in the physical realm.  




Jesus's words are life giving to your spirit like food is to your the body.






God speaks to your spirit through His Holy Spirit if you'll just listen. 




Then, it comes up through your spirit to your mind, and your brain helps you to express it.  






We can't get God's full blessings when we substitute God's thoughts for our own. 



We must be yielded to God's Holy Spirit speaking to us into our born again human spirit. 




The words that I (Jesus) speak to you are spirit, and they are life. 




Keith Moore, Faith Life Church

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dan Dehaan's Metro Bible Study

In the late 1970s, I attended an interdenominational Bible Study called “the Metro Bible Study” in Metro Atlanta, which began as a Small Group in “Dad” Charles Ellis’ basement. It was taught by Dan Dehaan, and eventually outgrew Dad Ellis’ basement by moving to the Griffin Middle School.  When I first started attending, it had grown to 300 teenagers who meet ever Tuesday night and featured Contemporary Christian Music played by “The Pat Terry Group”.  As the Metro Bible Study continued rapid growth, they eventually moved to the First Baptist Church of Smyrna, Georgia where it peaked around 1200 attendees.  In the summer of 1982, Dan Dehaan died in a plane crash and teacher John Riley took over. Under John Riley, the Bible Study grew to about 1,500 after eventually moving to Mt. Paran Church of God. When I was first invited to the “Metro Bible Study”, I didn’t go to hear Dan Dehaan teach because I didn’t know who he was.  What I went to hear...

In Trouble?

What do we do in the middle of trouble? Do I trust God when I don't understand? That's the situation the captives found themselves in, and this was God's response. Jeremiah 29:4-11  (NLT) 4  This is what the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, the God of Israel, says to all the captives he has exiled to Babylon from Jerusalem: 5  “Build homes, and plan to stay. Plant gardens, and eat the food they produce.   6  Marry and have children. Then find spouses for them so that you may have many grandchildren. Multiply! Do not dwindle away!  7  And work for the peace and prosperity of the city where I sent you into exile. Pray to the Lord for it, for its welfare will determine your welfare.” 8  This is what the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, the God of Israel, says: “Do not let your prophets and fortune-tellers who are with you in the land of Babylon trick you. Do not listen to their dreams...

Remembering Names

In one of my previous jobs, I was required by my employer to attend a Dale Carnegie public speaking course. (See  www.dalecarnegie.com  for more information).   The class had about 40 to 50 attendees, and the instructor began the course by teaching us how to remember each other’s name.  After each person got up, they would tell us his or her name, where they worked, and what things they like to do. As each person spoke, we were supposed to remember each person, by associating their names by what they told us.   The first assignment of the class was to get up and say each person’s name from memory.  We had to remember from memory EVERYONE’S NAME!  As each attendee was called upon to stand up and say everyone’s name, it served as a review for everyone else in the class.  Amazingly, every attendee was about to quote everyone else’s name from memory including me.  To this day when I see someone from the cla...