Skip to main content

Be Filled with the Holy Spirit


Eph. 5 (NLT)

18 Don’t be drunk with wine, because that will ruin your life. Instead, be filled with the Holy Spirit, 






19 singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs among yourselves, and making music to the Lord in your hearts.



20 And give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.




Whatever we get full of overflows into our words.  It is God's will for us to be being filled with the Holy Spirit.



The Holy Spirit leads us, and if we follow Him, we will be on the right path.  




John 3  (NLT)

3 Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, unless you are born again, you cannot see the Kingdom of God.”









Just as we had a physical birth. We must have a spiritual rebirth by God's Holy Spirit.

   









4 “What do you mean?” exclaimed Nicodemus. “How can an old man go back into his mother’s womb and be born again?”









Nicodemus was thinking entirely in human terms when he asked this question about a physical birth. 










5 Jesus replied, “I assure you, no one can enter the Kingdom of God without being born of water and the Spirit.









A spiritual rebirth by God's Holy Spirit is the requirement of entering Heaven. 













6 Humans can reproduce only human life, but the Holy Spirit gives birth to spiritual life.  



Lord, will you teach me the difference between the Holy Spirit and my human flesh?




7 So don’t be surprised when I say, ‘You must be born again.’


14 And as Moses lifted up the bronze snake on a pole in the wilderness, so the Son of Man (Jesus) must be lifted up (on the Cross), 





15 so that everyone who believes in him will have eternal life.





16 “For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son (Jesus), so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. 





17 God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him.







Keith Moore, Faith Life Church

https://flcmedia.nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com/productvideo/1015-InTheSpirit-01-SpiritOrFlesh-HD.mp4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dan Dehaan's Metro Bible Study

In the late 1970s, I attended an interdenominational Bible Study called “the Metro Bible Study” in Metro Atlanta, which began as a Small Group in “Dad” Charles Ellis’ basement. It was taught by Dan Dehaan, and eventually outgrew Dad Ellis’ basement by moving to the Griffin Middle School.  When I first started attending, it had grown to 300 teenagers who meet ever Tuesday night and featured Contemporary Christian Music played by “The Pat Terry Group”.  As the Metro Bible Study continued rapid growth, they eventually moved to the First Baptist Church of Smyrna, Georgia where it peaked around 1200 attendees.  In the summer of 1982, Dan Dehaan died in a plane crash and teacher John Riley took over. Under John Riley, the Bible Study grew to about 1,500 after eventually moving to Mt. Paran Church of God. When I was first invited to the “Metro Bible Study”, I didn’t go to hear Dan Dehaan teach because I didn’t know who he was.  What I went to hear...

In Trouble?

What do we do in the middle of trouble? Do I trust God when I don't understand? That's the situation the captives found themselves in, and this was God's response. Jeremiah 29:4-11  (NLT) 4  This is what the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, the God of Israel, says to all the captives he has exiled to Babylon from Jerusalem: 5  “Build homes, and plan to stay. Plant gardens, and eat the food they produce.   6  Marry and have children. Then find spouses for them so that you may have many grandchildren. Multiply! Do not dwindle away!  7  And work for the peace and prosperity of the city where I sent you into exile. Pray to the Lord for it, for its welfare will determine your welfare.” 8  This is what the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, the God of Israel, says: “Do not let your prophets and fortune-tellers who are with you in the land of Babylon trick you. Do not listen to their dreams...

Remembering Names

In one of my previous jobs, I was required by my employer to attend a Dale Carnegie public speaking course. (See  www.dalecarnegie.com  for more information).   The class had about 40 to 50 attendees, and the instructor began the course by teaching us how to remember each other’s name.  After each person got up, they would tell us his or her name, where they worked, and what things they like to do. As each person spoke, we were supposed to remember each person, by associating their names by what they told us.   The first assignment of the class was to get up and say each person’s name from memory.  We had to remember from memory EVERYONE’S NAME!  As each attendee was called upon to stand up and say everyone’s name, it served as a review for everyone else in the class.  Amazingly, every attendee was about to quote everyone else’s name from memory including me.  To this day when I see someone from the cla...