Skip to main content

Authentic Worship



1 Corinthians 13(NKJV)
13 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.





2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 





3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.




John 4:23 (NKJV)
23 But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.




If there is true worshipers, then there must be fake worshipers.  


I don't want to spend all my time praying, speaking, or giving if it is worthless. 
  


God looks at our motives.  If the motive is not out of love for Him and others, it's worthless.



Matthew 22 (NKJV)
36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?”



37 Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 



38 This is the first and great commandment. 



39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ 



40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”



It doesn't matter what other people think about it.  It's what God knows about it. 








Keith Moore, Faith Life Church

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dan Dehaan's Metro Bible Study

In the late 1970s, I attended an interdenominational Bible Study called “the Metro Bible Study” in Metro Atlanta, which began as a Small Group in “Dad” Charles Ellis’ basement. It was taught by Dan Dehaan, and eventually outgrew Dad Ellis’ basement by moving to the Griffin Middle School.  When I first started attending, it had grown to 300 teenagers who meet ever Tuesday night and featured Contemporary Christian Music played by “The Pat Terry Group”.  As the Metro Bible Study continued rapid growth, they eventually moved to the First Baptist Church of Smyrna, Georgia where it peaked around 1200 attendees.  In the summer of 1982, Dan Dehaan died in a plane crash and teacher John Riley took over. Under John Riley, the Bible Study grew to about 1,500 after eventually moving to Mt. Paran Church of God. When I was first invited to the “Metro Bible Study”, I didn’t go to hear Dan Dehaan teach because I didn’t know who he was.  What I went to hear...

In Trouble?

What do we do in the middle of trouble? Do I trust God when I don't understand? That's the situation the captives found themselves in, and this was God's response. Jeremiah 29:4-11  (NLT) 4  This is what the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, the God of Israel, says to all the captives he has exiled to Babylon from Jerusalem: 5  “Build homes, and plan to stay. Plant gardens, and eat the food they produce.   6  Marry and have children. Then find spouses for them so that you may have many grandchildren. Multiply! Do not dwindle away!  7  And work for the peace and prosperity of the city where I sent you into exile. Pray to the Lord for it, for its welfare will determine your welfare.” 8  This is what the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, the God of Israel, says: “Do not let your prophets and fortune-tellers who are with you in the land of Babylon trick you. Do not listen to their dreams...

Remembering Names

In one of my previous jobs, I was required by my employer to attend a Dale Carnegie public speaking course. (See  www.dalecarnegie.com  for more information).   The class had about 40 to 50 attendees, and the instructor began the course by teaching us how to remember each other’s name.  After each person got up, they would tell us his or her name, where they worked, and what things they like to do. As each person spoke, we were supposed to remember each person, by associating their names by what they told us.   The first assignment of the class was to get up and say each person’s name from memory.  We had to remember from memory EVERYONE’S NAME!  As each attendee was called upon to stand up and say everyone’s name, it served as a review for everyone else in the class.  Amazingly, every attendee was about to quote everyone else’s name from memory including me.  To this day when I see someone from the cla...